Ramblings of a pseudo educated free spirit... on meds.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Follow your nose... what if your nose always points down?

What if your only direction is down? If all you can see is the same piece of dirt or pavement day after day? Do you go on or try to point somewhere different? I am feeling lost again. I can only find meaning in half of my day, the half with my family. The other half, which unfortunately takes up the biggest part of my day, is utterly boring to me. I cannot reliably get excited about what I have to do every day. I know this has to do with the ADD, but I cannot shake this feeling like I am wasting the day. I haven't lasted more than about 2 years at a single company. In the tech industry that isn't such a big deal, since most people don't. Most of the moves have been because I am just plain bored. I have learnt the product, or whatever I have to learn and now I just have to use the knowledge... boring!!! I need to be learning all the time. So you say, 'Go back to school'. Unfortunately school ends up being worse than work. I need a new challenge all the time. With my kids, that part of it is not a problem... if they would only sleep through the night.

No comments: